Friday 13 February 2015

6 Reasons You Should Do What You Love – Even if it’s for Free

6 Reasons You Should Do What You Love – Even if it’s for Free

By Mr. Self Development
“If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it …stop wishing, and just do it.” – Wanda Skyes
I don’t care if it’s painting, writing, singing, bouncing a basketball, or conducting business, if you love it, do it! Even if it’s for free, even if you never make a dime, you should do it, and I’ll tell you why…

6 Reasons You Should Do What You Love – Even if it’s for Free:
#1: You Get Better
I don’t know if I “love” to write these articles….but I do love to express myself — through writing (a subtle but substantial difference), which brings me to my first point.
When you do work you love, such as photography, or singing, or playing a sport, or building a business, you will get better! There is nothing like hands-onexperience. So even if you’re not getting paid, you can be getting prepared. It isbetter to be prepared with no opportunity, then to be unprepared when opportunity is standing at your door, asking you to come outside and play.
#2: You Get Feedback
When you do work you love, others get an opportunity to see your skills; they will in all likelihood comment, or they may not comment. But everything is feedback, sometimes I write an article and I receive dozens of e-mails, saying how the article was amazing and inspirational. Sometimes I write an article and only a few (amazing) readers respond, but that’s feedback. All feedback is good feedback, because all feedback gives you the opportunity to get better.
When you do work you love you will gain valuable feedback that will help youmaster your craft.
#3: It’s Rewarding
It’s rewarding to do what you love to do! I love to express myself via writing, (as I mentioned earlier, I don’t love to write, but I love to express myself). You may love painting, or building web sites, or cooking, or being a fitness trainer, or who knows, but when you do it, it’s rewarding in-and-of-itself. It’s a gift to yourself when youdo what you love. Give yourself that gift, you deserve it.
#4: It’s Exciting
The purpose of Mr. Self Development.com is not for Mr. Self Development to makemoney. The purpose is to help motivate readers around the globe to do what they love, to go after their dreams, to give their best to the world. Even if I give all of my insights away for freeand even if I never make another dime – what I do is very exciting for me.
When you do what you love, you’re excited to get out of bed in the morning, you’re excited to become a master, you’re excited to get feedback.
#5: You’ll Have No Regrets
When you do what you love, you can go to your grave knowing that you put it all out there, you gave the world your gifts, you let them see your talent, you showed the world who you really are, and you worked at becoming a master. (No one starts off amazing; remember the greatest athlete was once an amateur.)
#noregrets
#6: You May Become Popular
With the exposure that often comes from doing what you love, who knows, you may get noticed. You may become famous, you may garner fans from around the world,but even if you don’t, you’ll have the bliss of knowing that you’re becoming a master every day, you’ll have the pleasure of doing what you love, and you’ll be living a life without regrets.
Courtsey of Mr. Self-development

No comments:

Post a Comment