Monday 23 February 2015

Akin Alabi shares that one of the Secrets of His Success is Mastering How to Write Catchy Advert Captions

Akin Alabi, CEO, NairaBet
The headline is the most important part of a print advert. Print adverts like magazines, newspapers, fliers etc. The headline serves as the advert for your advert. If no one reads your headline, no one will read your advert.

I’m sure you don’t want that. That is why it makes a lot of sense to spend a lot of time and effort in crafting the perfect headline. Guru copywriter, Ted Nicholas suggests that if you want to spend 10 hours writing your advert/sales letter, you should spend 8 hours on the headline.
That is a whopping 80%.
One of the best and common ways of creating effective adverts is by swiping ideas from successful adverts. Not copying word for word. That is plagiarism. I mean taking ideas and creating yours from it. Successful copywriters do that all the time.
In this article and in subsequent ones, we will be taking a look at successful adverts we can model and how to go about it.
Let’s start with John Caples’ legendary advert.
This advert was used to sell a course in piano training. Millions of copies were sold. Lots of other marketers have modeled this advert with great success. The advert says…
They Laughed When I Sat Down At The Piano… But When I Started To Play…
Let’s see how we can model this adverts. I once used this line in a NairaBET.com advert after a customer won N.1m predicting Chelsea would beat Barcelona. I said…
My friends laughed at me when I said Chelsea would beat Barcelona but their laughter turned to amazement when my prediction won me N.1m on NairaBET

No comments:

Post a Comment