Monday 18 January 2016

Success Story - How Internet Business Changed My Life - Yaro Starak

As i stated earlier this year i will go the extra miles to bring to the readers of my blogs inspirational information that would inspire and transform their lives, career and businesses. Today, i am sharing the true life success story my online business coach and mentor, in the person of Yaro Starak. You will be inspired with his success story. Keep a date with us here and don't be selfish, share this information with your friends and colleagues and tell them about this blog and the information we are dishing out here daily and let them join us to feed their mind with the right food for thought. Now hear Yaro out. 
Blogging and the internet have well and truly changed my life…
Thanks to the work I put in over the last few years I have generated over a million dollars from the Internet.
I’ve purchased a half million dollar inner-city apartment in Brisbane Australia where I live, investment properties, a BMW and helped support my family.


In 2008 I packed up my laptop, got on a plane and traveled around the world, stopping in 23 cities over 8 months. I started in Fiji, then headed to Hawaii, Vancouver, Toronto, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, Winnipeg (to visit my grandmother), Montreal, Quebec, Glasgow, Edinburgh, London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples, Athens, Dubai, Singapore and then back home.
While at home I spend a couple of hours a day writing on my laptop at cafes, and the rest of the time I do whatever I like, including tennis, dinners out with friends, skating, movies, reading, working on new projects, trips to the beach and sometimes nothing at all.
As you can see, if you set up the right kind of Internet business, you gain financial freedom and time freedom, which is something most people only dream about, especially if you currently have a day job that you despise.
Of course it wasn’t always like this for me and it has taken a long time to bring together the necessary ingredients to live this sort of lifestyle.
With the power of hindsight I’ve come to realize that there is an order, a process of development I have gone through to reach the present point. The order for me went something like this –
1.    Figure out exactly how to make money from the Internet.
2.    Start testing ideas until I find something that brings in my first income stream.
3.    Figure out how to turn a trickle of income into enough that I can live off it.
4.    Once I made enough to live off, I still wasn’t happy because I didn’t enjoy the type of business I was running.
5.    Figure out what I enjoy and am good at, and use that with my knowledge of how to make money to come up with a business that is both fun and profitable.
6.    Realize that I have created a great business, but it’s too dependent on me, so if I stop working, the business starts to decline.
7.    The final step – develop my business into something that makes enough money, doesn’t need me to survive and when I choose to, I do work I enjoy.
The perfect situation as I see it is owning a website business that generates more than enough money to live off, that runs without you or requires very minimal upkeep so you can travel and do other things, and there is work you can do when you want to that is fun and rewarding (because if you are like me, just living a perpetual holiday gets pretty boring eventually!).
Now let me take you back to how I began this process…
How I Set Up My First Money Making Website
When I first went online it was 1998 and I was an undergraduate university student at the University of Queensland, in Brisbane Australia.
I spent a couple of years focusing on my studies and in my spare time, playing with the world wide web. This was during the days of online chat rooms, bulletin boards and newsgroups, and the start of the dot com boom.
Eventually I became interested enough in the Web that I wanted to have my own website. At the time I played a card game calledMagic: The Gathering (it’s like poker with dragons and elves thrown in). I was a competitive Magic card player, which meant that I played in tournaments and was serious about the game. Naturally my first website was dedicated to this card game.
My website grew slowly, initially off the back of my own effort to write articles about the cards, and later with the help of other card players from around Australia who submitted articles. Later I added a trading forum to the site so people could buy, sell and trade cards. This immediately boosted my traffic and kept people coming back every day to trade cards.
Although my website wasn’t huge – at best I had about 500 visitors per day – I was able to make some money from it. I sold banner advertising to sponsors, mostly card game shops in Australia. They paid me about $50 a month to place their banner on my site. Some also paid $100 to place an advertisement in the newsletter I sent out to all the members of the card trading forum.
By the early 2000s my website was making between $500 and $1,000 a month. I consider this site my first true success story. I didn’t make enough from it to live off, but as a university student living with my parents, it was more than I needed.
How I Increased My Online Income So I Never Needed A Job
Eventually I grew bored of playing the card game and sold my Magic website for $13,000, giving me some money to invest in a new project (and move out of my parents place!).
My next website was different. I wanted a real business with real potential for growth. This was the peak of the dot com 

-To be continued tomorrow. Dont miss this!


Please share your views in the comment box below

No comments:

Post a Comment